Dr. Eryn Stansfield and Vinny Russo invited me back on their podcast to talk about the thyroid. Check it out on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or YouTube. As y’all know, I love debunking alt med quackery when it comes to thyroid stuff. I think I managed to go the entire episode without cussing while discussing naturopaths and alt med, so in my mind, this was a win. In this episode, we talk about:
- Hypothyroidism symptoms and testing
- Why TSH and FT4 are helpful, but FT3 is not
- Why reverse T3 is useless
- How mainstream docs and alt med practitioners differ in their treatment of hypothyroidism
- Why thyroid “support” formulas can be dangerous
- Usage of pig thyroid
- T3 replacement and when it can be beneficial
- What vitamins, trace elements, and minerals are important for thyroid health
- And more!
You should definitely check out Dr. Eryn and Vinny further at their website, Balanced Bodies. Just reading their bios, you can tell that these are two super-interesting people who are passionate about what they do.
By using this site and interacting in the Comments, you agree to abide by my Disclaimer. Please keep your comments respectful and refrain from ad hominem attacks. In the past, I’ve been permissive — no longer. The social and political discourse in our country has become so toxic that I cannot, in good conscience, allow my blog to provide a space for those who simply want to express outrage. If you disagree with something I’ve written or said on the podcast, or something written by a fellow reader, fabulous. Make your argument in as dispassionate a way as you can, and we’ll all get along just fine.